It's the future, Jim, but not as we know it...

There's more to tomorrow than robots, flying cars, and a faster internet.
22C+ is all about Deep Futures, futures that matter. Welcome to futures fantastic, unexpected, profound, but most of all deeply meaningful...

Monday, July 9, 2012

Time, Space, Will and Synchronicity

http://www.proetcontra.com/wp-content/uploads/synchronicity.jpg

Thanks to Anita Moorjani posting the link on her Facebook page, yesterday's blog post about her wonderful book Dying to be Me, created quite a stir. There were a few fascinating and important things about the experience - and the great reaction to the blog post - that I thought I would write about today.

For those who didn't read through the comments below yesterday's post, there was another fascinating occurrence yesterday which only confirmed what I have been writing and speaking about all these years: that mind and cosmos are intimately linked, and that mainstream science has got it hopelessly wrong in its understanding of who we are as human beings and where we fit in the greater scheme of things. 

I wrote the post about Anita late (by my standards) on Sunday night, the same day I met her. I normally go to bed by 11.00 pm, because I have to get up by 6.00 am to commute to work. But that night I felt very relaxed and energised, so I decided to write of my synchronicity in meeting Anita, beginning around my normal bedtime. I completed it still feeling relaxed and barely tired, but went to bed to try to get a decent six hours of sleep.

Early  Monday morning at around 5.00 am I had a vision as I was sleeping. At the age of 26 (twenty years ago) I began having regular visions and prophetic dreams. This coincided with my new habit of meditating and recording dreams and intuitions. Ever since that time, such visionary experiences have been a regular part of my daily life (I give a semi-autobiographical account of how this happened in my brand new e-novel Shadow Light). Visions have a slightly different quality from dreams, and tend to be very short - often just a flash of insight, or even a mere symbol which is 'embedded' with information which is telepathically "transmitted" without words. At least that is how I experience many of them.

In my early morning vision yesterday I saw a friend of mine standing before a huge computer screen - Doug Seiddon, the transpersonal psychologist I mentioned in yesterday's post. There was a vertical white bar of 'energy' on the right-hand side of the screen, and it began to expand upwards, beginning near the bottom of the screen, then shooting upwards towards the top. The energy was white luminescent, quite bright to look at. The screen looked like the image at the top of this blog - the guy standing in front of the earth (but in this case the man was Doug). I intuitively knew that the white bar of energy represented traffic on a web site - this blog. I felt slightly apprehensive, as I wondered whether the increased 'attention' might attract some negative posters (this happened in a previous viral 'hit'). As he stood there examining the bar of light (in the vision) Doug said; "This is because of something you wrote." 

I awoke immediately. I knew that in the dream Doug represented the mystical side of the cosmos (he is a transpersonal psychologist, after all!). 

Around 1.00 pm yesterday, I opened my blog and went to the 'design' section to check on web traffic. I was not overly surprised to discover that instead of the 10-20 hits I normally get for a blog post within the first 24 hours of posting, the blog post about Anita had already received 400 odd hits in only half a day (In fact the post has now gotten 1400 hits so far, and this blog got a total of 1800 hits yesterday, massively above the average 180-200!)

The fascinating thing for me is that, as far as I am aware, Anita did not share the link to the post till sometime late morning, several hours after I had the vision. If Anita reads this, perhaps she can confirm the timing. (Edit: Anita has confirmed that she didn't post the link till about 11.00 am - six hours after the vision)

The vision was therefore a precognition of a significant event that was about to unfold in my day. It is interesting to note that so much of what Anita learned during her NDE mirrors perfectly what I (and many others) have come to understand from developing Integrated Intelligence, or INI (my term for spiritual intuition - see my book Discover Your Soul Template if you are interested in developing INI). Time is not the simple linear concept that we often assume it to be; and mind is not confined to the head. Human beings are perfectly capable of sensing connections in other places and times - just as Anita did during her NDE. You don't actually need to die to access this ability! Not everyone will experience it the way I do though. My brain is very visual and auditory. I also developed the 'feeling' aspect of INI through many years of practice, and thanks to having the privilege of working with some wonderful spiritual teachers.

There is one more important point I would like to make about yesterday's synchronicity in meeting Anita. A few people leaving comments suggested that I had "willed" the event into existence. Actually, this is not true. I made no attempt to create the meeting with Anita at any time. When I wrote that I had been imagining the spontaneous meeting with her in the days leading up to the the actual meeting, I was not trying to do anything. This imagined scenario was coming into my mind regularly as a kind of daydream (at least 3 times, I recall). There was an element of 'desire' - perhaps 'excitement' is a better word - with the scenario, but I wasn't trying to create it, or manifest it as some New Age law-of-attraction philosophies might suggest is possible.

The last time the scenario came to me was Saturday night (the night before I met Anita), when I met two of my friends, Doug Seiddon and Alick Lau in a Hong Kong Central restaurant for dinner. We had agreed to meet at a Chinese restaurant, but when we got there we decided to make a late change to an Indian restaurant. When we arrived at the Indian restuarant and started eating, I began to 'feel' that Anita was close by. I actually looked around the restaurant to see if she was there!

Rather than my creating the event, I think what was happening was that I was sensing an important upcoming connection. Time was collapsing in on itself - in a sense - and I was already experiencing the energy of the upcoming meeting with her, still about sixteen hours away. 

This is not the first time this kind of thing has happened to me. I have had numerous precognitions in the past. The first similar one I recall was about twenty years ago when I was walking down the street in Grafton, New South Wales, Australia. I was merely passing through the town at the time. As I was walking down the main street I looked up and saw a man walking towards me. For some reason I thought he was Warren, a guy who had lived on my wing of the University of Newcastle campus hall of residence some five years previously. When the man got closer, I saw it wasn't Warren. It struck me that it was truly bizarre that I had thought it was Warren, as I barely knew the guy, and hadn't thought of him even once in the preceding five years. But what happened next was even more bizarre. I walked around a corner, and down a street, and on a whim decided to pop into a little clothes shop. I was shocked to see Warren buying a shirt at the counter! I went over to him, and even mentioned how I'd just been thinking of him!

Again, I think this was simply a case of the mind drawing in information - and especially emotional energy - from the 'future.' When an event has special emotional or spiritual importance, the intuitions will be stronger.

It's a wonderful and mysterious universe we live in. There is so much we don't know or understand. I suggest we all relax and just enjoy living here!

Blessings,

Marcus

4 comments:

  1. I want to share that similar events have happened to me in my lifetime. I knew something was going to happen and sometimes dreamed about the event and when it happened it was a deja vu experience. I don't know if it was a dream, or as you said, a vision. I have had both positive and negative premonitions like this that came true. I am glad you can share these experiences as they validate my own and I am sure others as well. When these events happened, I am afraid I did not think about them and connect them to our experience in the universe as you have, so I am again thankful for reading your accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re:
    " Again, I think this was simply a case of the mind drawing in information - and especially emotional energy - from the 'future.' When an event has special emotional or spiritual importance, the intuitions will be stronger.
    It's a wonderful and mysterious universe we live in. There is so much we don't know or understand. I suggest we all relax and just enjoy living here! "

    I agree this is the attitude that brings on my own freakish syncs...I just relax and stay alert for signs and inner guidance from the universe,trusting it to guide me,in the best direction for me and those around me...and that might be the key to synchronicity,I'm not just syncing for me,but the benefit of others as well as myself,without trying to control the situation,just flow with things...like a walking meditation in a way.
    The attitude you have to have is will this action/contact benefit others in some way,like the actions of others have benefited my life in some way profound.
    Life's ripples shoot of in all directions and most times we will never even see who's lives those ripples touch and vice-versa.

    Like you say
    "It's a wonderful and mysterious
    universe we live in".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, L, I'm happy if this post helped you. Visionary experience can be a little scary. I'm kind of relaxed about it now. The key is to make the mundane world of your life the focus of your spiritual journey, not the psychic world. That is a trap some new agers fall into!

    Daz, you seem pretty in tune with the 'syncs'!

    ReplyDelete